Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Clutch Purse

Here is another pattern I found online.  I was trying to get myself sewing again.  So, I made this clutch purse. 

I found this fabric when we moved and I thought it would be perfect for this style of bag.  The pattern can be found here.
Below is a pic. of the back and handle. 
The only change I made to this was I added a pocket to the inside.  I cut another font pattern piece out of the lining fabric.  I then folded it over 1/2 inch and pressed it.  Then I folded it another 1/2 inch and pressed and sewed it.  I then sewed the pocket to the back lining piece before sewing the front and back lining pieces together. 

Pic. of the inside and pocket.

Also, I think, if I were to make this again, I'd make the turning opening in the bottom of the lining instead of centered at the front where you sew the lining to the outside. The outside fabric is so much more heavier and bulkier than the inside. When I turned it, the lining fabric ripped and it was very difficult to get the edge to look nice where the turning opening was. 

This is really a good size clutch with a cute shape.  It is nice to have a handle.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment