Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Nap Kitten-Quilted Three Pocket Purse

This bag is made from a pattern.  It is the Quilted Three Pocket Purse from Nap Kitten on ETSY.  This is supposed to be a quilted bag, but I chose to NOT quilt my bag.  I used a thick interfacing instead.   
The pattern and instructions include tons of pictures.  It is easy to follow along.  However, I read somewhere on Nap Kitten's ETSY shop that English is not her first language.  While you can tell this in the written part of the pattern, the pictures more than make up for this.  The instructions are also clear enough that you get the point she is trying to make.  I plan on buying more patterns from Nap Kitten. 
On occasion I will buy bag patterns so that I can learn how to put them together.  While looking at pictures of this bag online, I could not figure out how to put this bag together.  I'd seen picture tutorials of bags similar to this on Pintrest...but they were in Japanese and I got lost.  I'm so excited I that I now know how to put this style of bag together!!!!! 
This isn't a very big bag.  But it is a decent size.  It is roughly 11" long x 6.5" wide on the bottom (notice the overhang on the pic of the bottom). 8" tall not including the handles.  The handles have about a 6" drop. 

This is the bag opened.  There is a center zippered pocket with two outside pockets that close with a magnetic snap. 
The bottom of the bag. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment