Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lapin Noir Bag

I was allowed the awesome opportunity to test the Lapin Noir Bag Pattern.  The pattern is from www.sewsweetnesspatterns.com.  When I first saw pictures of this bag I thought "what a great bag pattern!"  Then after the bag was made and I looked at the finished product, I thought this is such a great bag!  It is even better in real life!  :)  There are so many great details to this bag. 
Below is the bag I made.  I used fabric remnants that I had in my stash. 

here is the bag with the top folded over...can be carried by the strap. 


Here is the bag up using the shoulder straps option.

The shoulder straps are made by making a casing to put over piping. I recycled some piping that my son had on a cinch bag that fell apart. :)
inside

On the inside of the bag there is a divided slip pocket on one side and a zippered pocket on the other.  The top closes with a magnetic snap. 



Now, here are some of the details that make me so happy.  I love the cell phone pocket on the back of the bag!  I also love the zippered pocket placed here.  So, handy to securely stash phone, keys, and sunglasses and easy to pull out again.  GENIUS! 

1 comment:

  1. I really like your bag! I tested this one for Sara as well and I even chose similar fabrics like you did (my bottom panel and handle tabs are made of orange polka dot fabric!!). Nice job :-)

    ReplyDelete