Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ruched Bye Bye Love Bag

Here is another version of the Bye Bye Love Bag. The pattern is designed by Sara at Sew Sweetness.   Here is the other bag I made.  I decided to try something I haven't done before.  I ruched  the fabric.  I guessed on how to do this technique.  I love how it turned out! 

 
Bag Front

Back of bag with zippered pocket
 

I added a rectangle of cross stitch mesh to the base of the bag to make it a little more stable.  I used auto upholstery foam as my interfacing.  I think the size of the bag and the extra sewing (ruching, pockets, flaps) made it a little more floppy.
I, again, added bows from the Bows Pattern by Michelle Patterns.  I can't get enough of these cute bows! 
I was browsing on Pintrest and came across this great idea to print on fabric.  You basically print out your design on wax paper from your printer.  Then iron and then burnish this on your fabric.  Well, it only sort of worked.  I added a text image of a French address on one of the pockets. It is clearer in real life. 
Inside of the bag.  With 4 large slip pockets.



No comments:

Post a Comment