Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sheep Invitations

We will be having an egg decorating/Easter party this weekend. 
I sat down and came up with these invitations.


I made the sheep first.  Then ran out of time to be too creative.  So, I just glued the sheep on to a library card pocket.  Inside I stamped the "You are Invited" on to white cardstock, cut them out, then placed them inside the pocket. 
To make the sheep:
Out of white cardstock cut:
2 large scalloped ovals--these will be the body
two small ovals--ears
one small scalloped oval-hair
four strips of paper about 1/2" wide by 2" long  These will be the legs.

Out of Black (or whatever color) CS cut the hat,  4 boots and bandanna (this is a Sizzix doll die I've had for years)  Maybe something like this is avail. on one of the cricut doll carts.?

I applied pink chalk to the insides of the ears and on the cheeks.  I stamped the face (again very old Provo Craft Stamp set).  The face could easily be drawn on. 

To assemble:  I glued the boots to the legs then glued them to the back of one large scalloped oval.  I glued the bandanna on the front of the oval, then glued the face (heart shape) the ears (two small ovals),  the hair (one small scalloped oval) and the cowboy hat.  I then glued the other scalloped oval to the back.  (I did cut a small scalloped circle for the tail...but these can't be seen on my invitations) :)

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Provo Craft Clear Impressions Stamps-Faces,  Stampabilities-Invitation
Dies:  Nestabilities Scalloped Ovals, Ovals, Sizzix-cowboy hat, bandanna, boots
Template:  Nested Hearts-Coluzzle (Had this for a loooong time, too), River City Rubber Works-Cut up This Book-Library Card pocket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment