Friday, July 20, 2012

Flores Clutch (cross body)

Hello again!
I made this fun bag yesterday.  It is the Flores Clutch from www.ithinksew.com.

 I had scraps of the black/white fabric left over from another project.  I thought it would be fun to use red with it. 
 I added a few things to this bag.  On the back I added a pocket.  I thought it would be nice to use it for cell phone or keys or sunglasses....or whatever. 
 I also added a cross body strap.  I cut a strip of fabric 3 inches wide by 54"(width of my fabric).  I folded it in half.  Opened it up then pressed the raw ends into the center.  Then edge stitched down each side.  I think I ended up cutting off about 3"-4".  I centered the strap over the side seams before sewing the lining and exterior together. 
 On the inside I added another double slip pocket on one side.  On the other side, I added 4 credit card slots with a pocket behind that. 
As usual this is another great pattern from ithinksew.com.  The only teeny bit confusing part was attaching the red oval on the flap.  The instructions tell you to clip the seams of the flap and the oval piece where they will be sewn together. Then to pin the center of the oval piece to the center of the flap piece....then sew it.  It took me a few different times reading the instructions and looking at the pictures before it hit me.  You pin the pieces matching the center then pin down each side matching the raw edges...the fabric pieces will arch since you will be sewing a concave to a convex curve. (I believe those are the correct terms) LOL!  Just make sure that where you will be sewing is flat and you remember to clip the seam where the instructions tell and show you...it will turn out beautifully. 

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment