Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Messenger Bag

It's BACK TO SCHOOL time around here !!!!!  I asked my daughter if she wanted me to make her a school bag.  She chose the pattern and the fabrics.

 The pattern is Butterick B5694 view D.
 
 Sorry....every time I rotate this pic. then try to upload it it turns back on the side. OF COURSE!  ANYWHO, she chose the blue and orange fabrics for the inside because those are her school colors. 
Next time, I think I will change the direction of one of the magnetic snap tabs.  It is awkward the way it closes now. 
This is a pic of the back of the bag.
For the interfacing on this bag I used the really, really stiff sew in pellon interfacing.  I don't know the exact number of Pellon it is. 
For the closure, I used elastic stretchy cord--it was originally from a hoodie that had a draw string bottom.  I have several pieces of this type of cord that was given to me.  So, I'm always trying to think of projects to use it on.  I made an oops and put the button closure on the front of the bag instead of the bag flap.  I don't think anyone will know.  :)  Until now that is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment