Friday, February 1, 2013

Glenda Clutch

This is made with the Glenda Clutch pattern from Bags The Modern Classics by Sue Kim.  She also has a web site filled with great patterns.  IThinkSew 
This was very quick to put together.  I was able to use scraps.  I also added the pink handle.  I cut a piece of fabric 2" by 14".  I fused interfacing to the back.  Then I folded it down the center.  Opened it and folded each long raw edge into the center again.  Then folded and edge stitched down each side.  I attached the handle to the side of the bag. 
I applied interfacing (Pellon 809) to both the front/back pieces and front/back lining pieces.  Also to the front and back of the flap.  I did this because the fabric I used was very thin. 
For the flower, I played with some scraps. 
Here is a pic of the inside.  I added a pocket by cutting another lining piece then folding the raw edge down a few times and sewing across the top.  Then I basted it to the back side of the lining piece.  I sewed down the center to divide the pocket. 
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment