Saturday, February 2, 2013

Houston Half Marathon


Here is my BFF and me at mile 13.  Only .1 miles to go!  Despite several injuries throughout our training, we were able to FINISH!!!  Since this was our first race, our goal was just to finish. 
It was a cold, dreary, rainy,  windy, and rainy day.  Did I mention rainy?  After the race I was dripping wet from the rain.  I had to ring out my clothes.  Thank goodness for moisture wicking!  After a while I didn't feel the cold unless we stopped running.  Then I would get cold.
I was very impressed at how organized this race was. 
After crossing the finish line we were given a banana and a bottle of water.  It was the "best banana ever!"  or so I heard a few times!  LOL! 
I have felt a little lost since my training sessions have not been as long as they were a few weeks before the race.  I have still managed to keep my same schedule...(sprints, cross train, maintenance run...) I've just been running less miles.  I did sign up for a 4 mile race that will be Feb. 16. 
As for future races???  Well, I guess we'll see...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment