Sunday, February 2, 2014

It Ain't Easy Being Green!

 
 My daughter LOVES frogs!  I knew when I saw this pattern I had to make it for my Daughter's Birthday. 
I luckily found a remnant of fabric that is a tweed--it 's actually greener that it looks in this picture.  It had some kind of thick rubber backing on it--PERFECT for this project.  I didn't have to add any additional interfacing, although it was very thick to sew through in many spots.   I also used a faux leather for the trim and handles.  This bag looks store bought.  I wouldn't guess that it was homemade--if I hadn't made it myself.  :) 
The instructions in this pattern are easy to follow.  The bag sews together fairly quickly.  It does have a lot of pieces to cut-out and precise cutting and sewing is required to make this bag.  I recommend marking sewing lines for the fingers and toes. This frog bag is made from Vogue Pattern  #8942.  Included in the pattern are instructions and pattern pieces to make an owl bag, too.   
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I absolutely adore this bag and can't seem to find the pattern anywhere. Do you happen to still have yours? If so would it be possible to buy it from you? Via mail or scanning it and sending as a pdf, whichever would be best for you.

    I cant figure out how to change from commenting anonymously my email is chloekeira04@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete