Sunday, February 2, 2014

It Ain't Easy Being Green!

 
 My daughter LOVES frogs!  I knew when I saw this pattern I had to make it for my Daughter's Birthday. 
I luckily found a remnant of fabric that is a tweed--it 's actually greener that it looks in this picture.  It had some kind of thick rubber backing on it--PERFECT for this project.  I didn't have to add any additional interfacing, although it was very thick to sew through in many spots.   I also used a faux leather for the trim and handles.  This bag looks store bought.  I wouldn't guess that it was homemade--if I hadn't made it myself.  :) 
The instructions in this pattern are easy to follow.  The bag sews together fairly quickly.  It does have a lot of pieces to cut-out and precise cutting and sewing is required to make this bag.  I recommend marking sewing lines for the fingers and toes. This frog bag is made from Vogue Pattern  #8942.  Included in the pattern are instructions and pattern pieces to make an owl bag, too.   
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment