Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Halloween Costume--Final Fantasy White Mage


So, what do you do when you are going through sewing withdrawal because you haven't really sewn much in over a year and your awesome daughter asks you to sew her a costume?  Well, you cave in--of course! 
Those of you who know me know that sewing apparel isn't my thing.  I've had waay too many disastrous outcomes. 
So, as my daughter and I were looking through patterns I was trying to get by with only making a cape.  I was fairly certain I could pull that off.  My daughter, however, insisted on me making a dress, too.  
So, with great apprehension we bought all the supplies to make a cape AND dress.  I knew I'd have to add some design details for the costume as well, but I wasn't afraid of that.  I was more concerned with making the dress.
To make a long story short, it all turned out.  It all ended up fitting her perfectly.  Well, besides it being a little too long.  She just has to wear boots with a heel.  
Here are the pictures we were basing the costume off of:

No comments:

Post a Comment