Monday, September 26, 2011

Bijoux Baby Jewelry Roll

     I was so excited when I saw this pattern. I couldn't wait to make one.  I don't know why.  I've been wanting to make something like this for a while. 
     This Bijoux Baby Jewelry Roll pattern is offered exclusively at www.fabric.com for free. 
     It was really a quick project to make.  Only about 4 hours including cutting-out pieces and hand sewing the back of the bias binding. 


     The only part that was a little tricky is the inner part with the zippers.  When I placed the pattern pieces to see how they fit together, I sort of figured that when all parts--zippers, center and pocket pieces, were assembled it would be too long.  It was.  I ended up having to trim about an inch off of the center section.  I think this has to do with how wide the zipper is.  I also changed the button fastener on the ring holder to a snap...to make my life easier.  :)

     I don't think the instructions stated how wide of bias binding to purchase or make.  I guessed and made mine 2" wide.

     While I do LOVE many Hot Patterns patterns, instructions are minimal at best.  I have found that sometimes it is helpful to take the pattern pieces and place them together to have an understanding of how it all needs to be assembled. 

     Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment