Thursday, September 5, 2013

Coupon Wallet

Front
On occasion I will clip and use coupons.  So, I thought I needed to make myself a coupon wallet.  
 
I used McCall's pattern M6768.  For the most part this is a decent pattern.  
Below are a few issues and changes I will consider next time I make this coupon wallet: 
On step 9--attaching the card slot pocket--even though I knew what the instructions were getting at, I think maybe the illustration was for attaching the second slot pocket.  I had to reread this step a few times. 
I don't like how the raw edge at the bottom of the bill slots is left exposed.  Granted you only see this if you pull the bill slot pocket open and look.  Next time, I will  try tucking the raw edges in at the bottom of the slot pocket piece, press, then edge stitch this to the main piece. 
I attached the Velcro before basting the inside and front/back pieces together so that the stitching isn't visible on the opposite side...especially on the front flap. 
I sewed the dividers at the bottom.  Otherwise they are able to move waaaay out on either side--possibly dumping coupons.  
Okay--bad me!  I should have clipped the curves of the flap before hand sewing the binding.  But in my defense---I decided to hand sew this while on a car trip and I had forgotten my sharp scissors.  :)
 
Since I was using scraps, and directional fabric, one side had to be upside down....that is why the lady is on her head.  :)  However, you'll notice that the back is correct.  If I'd had more fabric to play with I would have tried to correct this. 
 
The flower is not part of the pattern.  It is just me playing with fabric....watchin' YouTube videos....
 
 
This is showing 6 card slot spaces.  There are 6 more at the front of the wallet, too.  There are also spaces on the back side of the card slots....maybe for receipts, or paper currency?
The inside...Here are the dividers and the zipper pocket. 
The back
  This is a neat wallet!  It is actually somewhat similar to the Necessary Wallet.   The Necessary wallet is constructed differently and has fewer dividers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment