Friday, October 14, 2011

Hope You Can Cling To-Week #2

"Hang in There!" Challenge

This challenge was to have something hanging.  I used the Cricut Serenade Cartridge to cut the bird cage.  I stamped the flourish and the "beauty".  Made an oops!  Tried several fixes...nothing has been working...any suggestions?

Supplies Used: 
Stamps:  Fancy Pants-(don't know the name of the set)
Cricut-Serenade

"Things are looking up!" Challenge

For this challenge we are to make a card that uses things we see when we look up.  I immediately thought of this stamp with the child looking up.  I've had it for quite awhile.  Took me awhile to decide what I had that he could look up to.  I thought clouds...but I didn't want it to be a depressing card.  So, I thought clouds that are silver.  When I went to pull out my silver ink pad...it had melted.  LOL!  So, then I thought for a little while and I decided to heat emboss with silver powder.  I had the clouds done...I liked.  But I thought it needed more bling.  So, I added diamond stickles to the dots on the umbrella.  I then used some sparkly blue embossing powder for the puddle the image is standing in. 
Supplies Used:
Stamps:  MFT-Rain or Shine, Eureka Stamps-Boy Looking Up, Cornish Heritage Farms-Vintage text
Dies:  Spellbinders Nestabilities-Labels two
Stickles-Diamond
Embossing Powder-Mixtures from a LSS. 

"Hang in There" Challenge-revisited see this post.   Challenge is to hang something on the card.  I hung the tag. 

"Bosom Buddies" Challenge
See this post.  We were to make a friendship themed card that incorporates ribbon and pink. 

"Fight Like A Girl" Challenge
For this challenge we were to make a card that is all girl. 
For the flower I resized a flower shape on the printer...then cut out.  I embossed the petals then curled the ends with a chopstick. 
For the lace I heat embossed using black distress ink. 

Supplies: 
Stamps:  Penny Black-Antique Pattern
Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
Bling:  stash
Embossing Powder:  Ranger-Black Soot Distress Powder
Embossing Plate:  PTI-Linnen

"Brave Heart" Challenge

For this challenge we were to add a heart to our card.  I had flowers left over from this card.  They were sitting on my desk so I added them to this card.  :)

Supplies:
Stamps:  PTI-Polka Dot Basics, Garden of Life, Great Impressions-?
Coluzzle:  Heart
Decorative Scissors:  Provo Craft-grass

"Butterflies of Hope" Challenge


This challenge was to use a butterfly on a card.  I found this at the Graphics Fairy.  I could spend days...months...years looking at all the great things on her blog.  Oh how I LOVE vintage images.

Supplies Used: 
Butterfly image:  The Graphics Fairy
Stamps:  Stampendous-Take Note, PTI-Polka Dot Basics, Limited Editon-tag
Decorative Scissors: Provo Craft-Scalloped, Deckle

"It Touches All of Us" Challenge
This challenge is to make a pink collage.  To be honest I was a little intimated about doing doing a collage.  But it was so much fun.  At least I think I did a collage. 
Since I have a thing for dress forms lately. (see here)  It's no surprise I had to use this Tim Holtz stamp set. 
Supplies: 
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous-Tim Holtz Seamless Experience, Martha Stewart Crafts-flower, Stampington & Company-Romance Trim
Dies: Nestabilities-Labels 13

No comments:

Post a Comment