Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Saddle Pocket Sally

Here is another pattern I created myself.   

I don't know...maybe I'm a little slap happy.  When I was trying to think of a name for this bag I couldn't get this one thought out of  my head.  Ya know when someone has hips that jut out in a certain area...some refer to this as saddle bags.  :)  Well, the placement of the pockets on this bag make me think of that.  LOL!  I mean no offense.  I wasn't thinking of anybody in particular....I don't even know a Sally.  And this bag doesn't look like the shape of a saddle bag--at least not that I know about. 

Actually, I made this a few years ago.  I didn't think it would turn out so I didn't add any interfacing.  I wish I had.  I also didn't add any inside pockets.  I've learned a lot since making this bag...I might have to go back and revisit this bag. 

There are two grommets on each side that have a tie going through them. 
I LOVE polka-dots...I need help. :) 

I got this fabric at Wal Mart...back when they had a fabric department.  I miss that department.  It was the only reason I went to Wal Mart.  I've been in there once since the fabric department went away.  I was sooo shocked at how they had remodeled the store. It looked nice, but now I rarely have a reason to go to Wal Mart. 

Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment