Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hoedown #16

Hello everyone!
Do you ever have one of those days where you wonder what you are thinking?  You know, like when you go to make coffee and you wait and wait...check to make sure you plugged it in and started it...eventually you realize you forgot to add the water.  Welcome to my day! :)
This morning, when I opened up the e-mail with this week's Hambo Hoedown image--which is another awsome one--I was quite excited.  I sat down and tried to make a card.  I really did.  I have tons of chipboard in all these great shapes that I never use.  But of course this being one of THOSE days, I decided I should pull out my un-loved Sizzix dies...the ones I've had forever and have never used.  I came across the toast die.  I started chuckling to myself thinking of the possibilities.  And because this is one of THOSE days, it kind of explains why I made this:

This week's challenge is to use chipboard.  I made these by die cutting the toast(s) and toaster with chipboard.  I then die cut them out out of colored paper.  For the toast, I printed Hambo Stamp's Sumo Digi stamp on to tan-ish paper then I traced and cut the toast around my printed image.  I then die cut the toast...to make the cut edge neater.    I glued it to the chipboard and layered the darker brown crust.  I also used colored pencil around the image in an attempt to make it look like it had been stamped with a toast stamp.  Have you seen a toast stamp?  Do you know what I'm talking about?
I know...remember...it's one of THOSE days! 

So, I decided maybe I should try to be a little more "normal."  So, I sat down to make another card. 
This is what I came up with:
A book mark
I die cut chip board with the Sizzix Paper Clips die.  I used the oval shaped clip.  I then cut and glued patterned paper on both sides.  I printed, colored, and cut out the Sumo image and the sentiment. 
remember these? 
I gave the items I made today to my children.  They are enjoying them. 
I hope you have a great day!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Hambo Stamps-Sumo-Digi
Dies- Sizzix-Paper Clips, Toaster, Toast, Jam, Butter

3 comments:

  1. Very clever. I enjoyed it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get out my old Sizzix dies too! They are fun. I LOVE THE TOASTER!! Cute cute stuff! Thanks for playing this week~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun!! I love this and I have UNUSED and unloved Sizzix that I need to get out! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete