Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cross Body Messenger Bag

Well, I had to make a purse for myself.  I was at the store the other day and the handle on my purse (store bought) broke.  SO, I needed to make a new bag for me...not that I have about 50 others sitting in my closet that I could use or anything.  :)

I decided I would make myself a cross body bag.  I've never been too big on cross body bags.   Actually,  on looks alone,  I tend to like the handbag style...with a short handle.  However, they aren't very easy to carry.   I have a few people that I sew bags for that love cross body bags.  So, I thought I'd give this one a try. 

I used the Hot Pattern's Cross Body Messenger Bag Pattern

Long cross body strap

I added this flower...not part of pattern
side view:  nice and thick strap

Inside:  zipper pocket on one side, cell phone/sunglasses pocket on other. 
 There are two magnetic closures on this bag.  One on the strap that wraps around the bag and one that is on the inside facing of the bag.  You could also use hook and loop closure instead of the magnetic snap. 

I'm kind of excited to use this bag...no more bag handles to slip off shoulder or have to hold on to.  This bag is pretty roomy. 

As for the instructions that are included in the pattern, I usually struggle with Hot Pattern's instructions.  They are somewhat lacking.  :)  While the previously mentioned is true with this pattern, I have to say that these are the best instructions I've come across with this company.  They are still lacking but better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment