Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hoedown #40


For this week's Hoedown Challenge, I used a few different techniques (of MANY listed) at the Splitcoast Stampers technique resources page:  Gamsol Magic, Dazzling Diamond Dust, and Crinkled Cardstock.

There are several more techniques I think I need to try.  :)  I go through long periods of time attempting to avoid the Splitcoast Stampers site.  I can get lost for hours/days with all the AMAZING and FUN things to find there.

I first attempted the Dazzling Diamond Dust Technique using clear glittery embossing powder and a beaded circles nestabilities die cut.  I used ink pads to color the beaded part brown and the inner circle green.  I ccovered this with embossing ink then sprinkled glittery embossing powder and used my heat gun.  But in the process I think it caught on fire...just briefly.  LOL!  Anywho, I ended up not liking the beaded circle.  So,  I cut out the center circle (sentiment), and used the beaded part down the left side of the card.  :)

close-up of Dazzling Diamond Dust
So then I decided I should try the Crinkled Cardstock Technique.  I thought it'd be fun to do this with die cut and punched leaves.  I crinkled them up and sanded some and inked others. 

Close-up of crinkled cardstock
Since I don't have Copics, I almost always color images by the Gamsol Magic Technique.
Close-up of Gamsol Magic

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Hambo Stamps-Snail Rake-digi
Dies:  Sizzix-leaf #4, Nestabilities-Beaded Circle, Scalloped Circle
Punch:  Mary Uchida-leaf

2 comments:

  1. Terrific job on all of your techniques! I really like the way you used the *border* down the side! Awesome Hoedown entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the technique and all of the texture on your card! Thanks for playing along at the Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete