Friday, December 9, 2011

Hoedown #45-Here Comes Anta Claus!

HA!  This week's Hambo Stamps digi hits a little too close to home.  Ever since we moved into this house we've battled with ANTS!!!  It is a newer home and we didn't think would happen in a newer home.  So, this image with an ant carrying a present...well, I fear it could actually happen.  :)  I just never know at what part of the house or when I'm going to find a swarm of ants.  We spray and clean, then clean and spray,  then spray and clean some more, but they keep visiting us.  One of the worst swarms was the first night we were moving in the house.  I put a few items on the counter from the pantry...it was very late at night.  In the morning there were MILLIONS of ants swarming the counter.  There were several lines of ants several feet long coming from all directions.  UGGGGGGGGG! 
Anyway, we are about to move.  Not because of the ants...new job.  I'm not going to miss the ants. 

All righty then, I am actually going to try something new...a tutorial.  Nothing too fancy.  I was playing and thought I'd share...with pictures. 
First here is my entry into this week's Hambo Hoedown Challenge. 

This week's challenge is to use more than one fold on your card.  I made this gate fold card with a little bit of a twist. 

Are you ready? 
This is how I made this card.

Start with a 4"  by 12" piece of cardstock (CS) for the card base.

1)   Score this CS at 4" and at 8". 
2)  Then with a ruler and a pencil lightly draw a line at 2" and again at 10" (click on picture to make bigger). 
3)  Along the lightly drawn in lines (at 2" and 10") I  marked the center on those lines by measuring up 2" from the top (or bottom) and lightly marking a dot. 
4)  Next, with a 2" circle punch I punched a circle out of scrap paper. 
5)  Fold this punched circle in half.
6)  Place the folded circle flat side along the lightly penciled in lines (2" and 10") and aligning it with the top of the CS at the 2" line and (the bottom of the 10" side) and the center dot (step 3).  Lightly trace around the outside of the circle.  Don't forget to alternate one side on top the other on bottom. (see pic) 
7)  Cut out the half circle and the line on each side. 


8)  Then fold card at the scored lines.
9)  Decorate!  That's it!
Front


Inside
Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Hambo Stamps-AntaClaus-digi
Paper:  DCWV
Punches-2"circle punch, EK Success-1" circle punch
Other:  Martha Stewart Crafts-Score Board

3 comments:

  1. Super cute!! I love the design and thanks for the great directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ree!! What an awesome tutorial you included with your card! And I love the twist you added, it is unique, and truly stands out :) And it is so cute that you used the small ant on the front and the large one inside. Here's hoping that this does not come true with your anty situation! Thanks for playing along with us at the Hoedown this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It appears this ant digi was made just for you! LOL I love the papers you used on this! Thanks for the excellent tutorial too. :)

    ReplyDelete