Saturday, October 26, 2013

HYCCT Day 26

HYCCT1326-Mix It Up
 
 
Today's challenge "is to create a card using MIXED MEDIA!! Don't be scared. It's not hard, I promise. And I'm sure you already have the tools, items you need to make a really scrumptious, glorious, something-special kind of card.
  • mixed me·di·a
  • A technique involving the use of two or more artistic media, such as ink and pastel or painting and collage, that are combined in a single composition. "
 
For my mixed media I used ink and acrylic paint.  I think those two count as mixed media.  I first used my text stamp with ink.  Then I used red acrylic paint on the polka-dot stamp and stamped over the text. 
I actually sketched the image on my card!  If it looks like a dress (or shirt) to you then....well....we'll call it a miracle!    I am not able to draw.  Honestly, I can almost make stick figures resemble stick figures.  A few months ago, on a whim, I bought this sketch book "Doodling in French:  How to Draw with Joie de Vivre" by Anna Corba.   WOW!  This book is amazing!  I've practiced several sketches from this book and I actually sort of look like I know what I'm doing.  I really enjoy this book. I used that book to help me with the dress (or shirt) image on my card. 
 
Supplies:  Stamps:  Postmodern Design-Wooden Ruler, Sassafras Lass-border, Cornish Heritage Farms Stamps-Lined Paper, Vintage Text.  EK Sucess Nostalgiques-Typewriter ABC Set, PTI-Polka Dot Basics
Dies:  My Favorite Things Stamps-Rolled Rose
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment