Wednesday, October 9, 2013

HYCCT Day 9

HYCCT1309-Strength of Steel
 
For today's challenge we are to use metal on our card.  Click here to read about today's challenge: Split Coast Stampers Thread
 
Whew!  This challenge stumped me! 
I knew I could use a metal charm, but  I've had metal mesh and sheeting sitting around for a long time.  I knew it was time to FINALLY use it!
I had such a difficult time coming up with a design.  I eventually just  pulled out all my dies and started thinking.  I die cut a few things, but nothing was working for me.  After lots of tinkering, I came up with this card.  I decided to add some texture to the metal with embossing folders and my paper crimper. 
Finally, I had my card all put together...now time to glue it.  I tried every adhesive I own.  Nothing was sticking.  So, I had to pull out the hot glue gun.  UGH!  I burnt my fingers and I think I'll be pulling at glue stings for the next several hours.  :)   I even had trouble getting the hot glue to stick.  Things kept slipping and sliding around.  It's glued now--of course after it's on there crooked. 
I hope the rest of your day is not as messy as hot glue. OOOO!  That almost sounds wise.  :)
Enjoy!
 
Supplies:  Dies:  Sizzix- Frame, the heart from Tabs, Heart and Square Boxes Die, Quickutz-Calvin Alphabet.
Embossing Folder:  Tim Holtz for Sizzix-Distressed Dots
Fiskars-Paper Crimper
 

No comments:

Post a Comment