Monday, June 20, 2011

Reverse Masking

It's MONDAY! 
This week's Make it Monday technique is reverse masking.  Check it out here.  Nothing says happy holidays like 100 degree F weather!  :)  Yep, I also like to watch Christmas movies in the heat of summer, too.  This is the time of year I start to think about Christmas cards and gifts.  So, watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music helps get me in the spirit of things. 
I masked off and used red ink (like in the video) to color the poinsettia image.  I then stamped polka dots using PI's Polka Dot Basics set and white ink.  I colored the center of the flower using a yellow sharpie. 
Have a great week!
Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Papertreyink-Year Of Flowers-Poinsettias, Polka Dot Basics
Paper:  DCWV
Dies:  Spellbinders Nestablitiies- Labels Five

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a cute Christmas card! Slightly nontraditional colors, which I love, and the polka dots are subtle but effective. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete